3rd Birthday at Disneyland

We headed to Disneyland today to celebrate Tessa’s 3rd birthday! Gigi, Papa and Aunt Polly came. Auntie met us after work. Tessa was so excited to go and have the day be all about her. We got lucky and happened to go on the day the new Beast restaurant was opening. She looked so grown up in her jean jacket. 

We got Tessa her birthday button, took some family pictures and headed to see the princesses. 

First we saw Snow White and she noticed Tessa’s shirt had Belle and the Beast on it. She told us that the Beast would be walking around today. I was in shock! He isn’t a character that you can meet and I thought she was joking. We got confirmation that he would be walking around Fantasyland so I sent James to start looking. 

After the princesses we headed straight to Fantasyland to wait for the Beast. We waited about 40 minutes but it was worth it! Tessa mentioned she didn’t want to meet him while we waited (she wanted to eat her snack) but I wasn’t letting this moment pass by. I rushed Tessa to him as soon as he came out. She was a little nervous at first because he is huge! But then she ended up giving him a hug and blew him a kiss. She told me “that he didn’t talk but he loves me”. 

I could have left after this moment but we had a full day of celebrating left. Next we headed to the teacups. Tessa loves to spin fast so she rode with Daddy and Aunt Polly. 

Gigi and Aunt Polly took her on Dumbo while James, Papa and I took Landon to see the Mickey show. According to Tessa Gigi and Aunt Polly aren’t good at selfies.

We then decided to have lunch at the restaurant they converted to be Beauty and the Beast theme. Gigi and Papa bought Tessa a special light up enchanted rose cup. 

Gigi and Papa promised Tessa an Aurora dress so we went to pick it out. Tessa has been talking about it for weeks. 

Disneyland was super crowded so we went across to California Adventure. California Adventure was also crowded but we made the best of it. Tessa rode Mater while I nursed Landon. Then we all rode Ariel. Next Tessa had soft serve ice cream. 

Then Tessa took a long nap while the rest of us waited in line for Toy Story. Auntie got off work and joined us. Tessa ended up waking up in time to go on the ride but we noticed she had peed her pants while napping. We got her cleaned up and bought her a pair of Disneyland sweats (the one time I forget to pack an extra outfit). She was a trooper and didn’t even mind. Our last ride was the Dancing Cars. 

We went back to Disneyland to see the 10:30pm showing of the Electrical Parade. Both Tessa and Landon napped well so we were able to stay late. We got a front row seat which was awesome.

It was a long 14 hour Disneyland day but it was amazing! I’m glad Tessa had an opportunity to meet the Beast. It was her favorite part of the day.